Monday, November 13, 2006

November!

I don't usually write today's thoughts here; the purpose, in fact, in starting a blog, was to blog the past: things I wrote back then, and things I wrote about from back then.

Tonight I write right now, about right now: the sore throat, the Democratic victory in the midterm elections, the Baccus family visit to DC; the exciting prospect of finding a house to live in.

The present is bland, isn't it? The past isn't glorious; it has a texture, a smell, and you know how it's going to turn out, more often than not. It builds itself in your memory, changes from joyful into heavenly, from fearful into heroic. I was a super-being at ten years old, according to my memory.

Here's my method so far: I have been google-desk-topping my writings to find this month's entries. Any Novembers that show up in the last 21 years of entries I have in digital formats, then, will come up.

The problem are the non-digital entries.

(11/13/2006)

No comments: